Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins

Source: Purchased
Genre: YA-Contemporary Romance
Publisher:  Dutton Juvenile
Date Published:  August 14, 2014
Number of Pages:  352

Love ignites in the City That Never Sleeps, but can it last? 

Hopeless romantic Isla has had a crush on introspective cartoonist Josh since their first year at the School of America in Paris. And after a chance encounter in Manhattan over the summer, romance might be closer than Isla imagined. But as they begin their senior year back in France, Isla and Josh are forced to confront the challenges every young couple must face, including family drama, uncertainty about their college futures, and the very real possibility of being apart. 

Featuring cameos from fan-favorites Anna, Étienne, Lola, and Cricket, this sweet and sexy story of true love—set against the stunning backdrops of New York City, Paris, and Barcelona—is a swoonworthy conclusion to Stephanie Perkins’s beloved series.  (from Goodreads)




Isla was an amazing finish to a series I have loved for 2 years.  I loved that all the characters come together, and you get to learn more about Josh, who was a side character in Anna and the French Kiss.

The romance between Isla and Josh was quick, but equal to their friendship.  Isla having a crush on Josh (which is mentioned in Anna and the French Kiss) and seeing his reaction is wonderful.  Its everything I hoped it would be when the book was announced. 

As with most relationships, there are conflicts and the ones in this book were realistic and made sense to me as a reader.  I never wondered "why?" Or "well this seems immature" because I've kind of been in that situation before.  You follow your heart, not your head.

Stephanie Perkins's writing is fast paced and filled with adventure and I love how quickly I can read one of these books whenever I'm in a reading slump. 

This is going to be my happy book.  I enjoyed this one a little more than I did Anna and the French Kiss, and this will definitely be reread over and over again for years to come.



5 out of 5 Happy Clouds :)



0 comments :

Post a Comment