Tuesday, July 8, 2014

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

Source:  Purchased
Genre:  YA-Contemporary
Publisher: Dutton Books
Date Published: January 10, 2012
Number of Pages: 318 


Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel's story is about to be completely rewritten.











The Fault in Our Stars is fantastic! I loved it!  This was a reread for me, since I first tried to read it when it first came out 2ish years ago.  I just couldn't finish it. It was too over hyped for me, but I'm glad I gave it a second chance.

This book...guys...this book.  I've never been a crier.  Seriously, I can name on 1 hand the number of books AND movies that have made me cry.  While this didn't make me blubber like a baby the way p.s. I love you (movie) did (which was a lot, seriously, 2 boxes of tissues later and I was calling my boyfriend and begging him to come over to cuddle).   I cried.  I was in tears at the end of it.  Its so touching and heartbreaking that you just..you get the feels.  

The middle of the book I found quite boring, rolling my eyes at parts, but the last day or so there is beautiful.  You feel for Hazel and Augustus and you want them to kiss, to work together.


Some said that there were problems with character development but I didnt personally see those problems. I felt like Augustus was that guy every girl wants to have.  Hazel is that average girl who just wants to sit at home and watch TV and read books.  They both had amazing personalities.  


And I have to say, GREAT parenting for the win in this book!!  Hazel's parents are actually there and supportive!!!  And Augustus's parents are so much like my own.  They don't try to force them apart and they are so understanding of the cancer.  It was great to see that!!





5 out of 5 Very Emotional Happy Clouds

I would highly recommend this book... If you are under the age of 30 this is a must read of the generation!!!!  


0 comments :

Post a Comment