Sunday, July 27, 2014

The Hazards of Skinny Dipping by Alyssa Rose Ivy.....QUICK Review

Source:  Purchased (free ebook)
Genre:  New Adult
Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing
Date Published: May 17, 2013
Number of Pages: 248


This isn't a deep book about first loves or self-discovery. If you want a book like that, I'd be happy to recommend one, but I don't have that kind of story to tell. Instead my story is about rash decisions and finding out that your dream guy is bad in bed. It's the story of when I finally went skinny dipping, and how my life was never the same again. Oh, and it's also the story of my freshman year of college and realizing Mr. Right might have been there all along. (from Goodreads)









This was a very cute, enjoyable read. I know it's got some bad reviews, but I honestly couldn't help but like it.

It was super fast, and hilarious. Juliet is wonderful, and I enjoyed the look into potential domestic abuse and finding love at the end. 

While I didn't have the typical college experience (I stayed with my parents instead of in housing), I know this is a very realistic experience from the tales of friends. Juliet's friends were wonderful and witty and friends every girl should have.


This wanted to be a love square, but never really got there.  I enjoyed Reed and I think his insight about everything was a change from the norm.  It's not as bad as some of the reviews make it out to be.  
And seriously, you can go skinny dipping alone.  There's no shame in that.




                                       4 out of 5 Happy Clouds :)
          Fantastic light summer read, and I would highly recommend it.



0 comments :

Post a Comment