Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Heir Untamed by Danielle Bourdon

Source:  Purchased (free ebook)
Genre:  Adult Romance
Publisher:  Wildbloom Press
Date Published: December 9, 2012 (my birthday!!)
Number of Pages: 318


Desperate for work to avoid eviction from her Seattle apartment, photographer Chey Sinclair accepts a rare opportunity to travel abroad and photograph Latvala Royalty. Encountering the Royals for the first time, Chey experiences an instant attraction to Mattias, second in line to the throne. He's charming, confident—and taken.

During a horseback ride to clear her head, Chey finds herself in a scuffle with Sander Fisk, head of security. Rugged, determined and sharp tongued, Sander is infuriating as well as intriguing.

Faced with conflicting emotions and a mystery unfolding in the castle, Chey must decide between men: a Prince of Latvala, or an arrogant rogue.

She discovers the hard way that this particular fairy tale was more than she ever bargained for.  (from Goodreads)









I don't usually read Adult Romances...but this was actually recommended to me by a fellow avid reader, who happens to be close friends with my husband.

This isn't my type of book.  With that being said, I really enjoyed this.  I expected to spend a week reading this (I'm a mom, so I read when I can) but I ended up reading this in the span of 2 days.  Couldn't put it down!  The steamy romance was great, and Chey is such a great character.  I enjoyed her sass, and the fact that her mouth kept getting her into trouble.

Sander and Mattias "triangle" was so underplayed and it really shouldn't even be said that she had to choose.  It's apparent like before halfway through the book who she chooses.  But that's okay.  I enjoyed their romance, and I find him a very strong and interesting character.


I called the 2 twists before they ever happened and wasn't shocked in the least.  I think my 1 year old could have guessed the first one.  The second one is just me paying attention to writing style.  If you've read the book you know what I'm talking about.


If you are a fan of Adult Romance, New Adult, or even some YA romance, you might actually enjoy this book.  


This is the first book in the Latvala Royal series and all the books surround Chey, that I'm aware of at least.





                                         4 out of 5 Happy Clouds
                              This is a free book on Amazon Kindle.



0 comments :

Post a Comment