Saturday, May 10, 2014

The Elite by Kiera Cass

Source:  Purchased
Genre:  YA-Dystopian/Romance
Publisher: Harper Teen
Date Published: April 23, 2013
Number of Pages: 336


The Selection began with thirty-five girls.
Now with the group narrowed down to the six Elite, the competition to win Prince Maxon's heart is fiercer than ever—and America is still struggling to decide where her heart truly lies. Is it with Maxon, who could make her life a fairy tale? Or with her first love, Aspen?

America is desperate for more time. But the rest of the Elite know exactly what they want—and America's chance to choose is about to slip away.  (from Goodreads)








The Elite was a surprising letdown, and completely not what I was expecting after The Selection.

The Elite picks up with the final 6 girls fighting to marry Prince Maxon and become Princess of Ilea.  A mist the various attacks from the rebels, there are other concerns and challenges falling upon the girls as Maxon struggles to make a decision about who to pick.


I wanted to love it, I really did.  This was a pure struggle to get through, and it felt like America was just toying with each guy.  Like seriously, you can't go "I can't live without____" and then flip back to the other guy.  That doesn't work.  Make up your damn mind already.  


I floated through this, rolling my eyes and shaking my head at both America and Maxon. She seriously got on my nerves just about as much as he did.  Don't even get me started on the King.  This should be your sons decision, not yours.  Just saying.  Queen Amberly was probably my only saving grace, purely because you got to see more of her and she was always really sweet.  She reminds me of my mom, in a sense.  Always there when you need her.


When I finally finished it, I seriously felt like chucking it against the wall and screaming "Elite!  Come back here and let me love you!" because love is about as far from how I felt about this book as realistically possible.  I really just didn't like it, and it didn't have any redeeming qualities to me.


I will be reading The One, which got sent to my house last week.  Hopefully this gives me the closure I think the series needs.  Here's to hoping, at least!




                                     3 out of 5 Happy Clouds :)



0 comments :

Post a Comment