Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Source:  Purchased
Genre:  YA-Paranormal Romance
Publisher:  Entangled Teen
Date Published: May 8, 2012
Number of Pages: 335



Starting over sucks.

When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.

And then he opened his mouth.

Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something... unexpected happens. 

The hot alien living next door marks me.

You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades. 

If I don't kill him first, that is.  (from Goodreads)





Obsidian, obsidian, how i devoured thee.  This was a rather quick read for me, though it took me...2 days (I think) to read, but I blame that on the crappy weather in Illinois giving me a headache.

The secret is that they are aliens.  This shouldn't be that big of a spoiler, really, since I'm confident it says it on the back of the book (I don't know, I read it on my tablet).  But really, Daemon and Dee are two characters I wish I could have in my everyday life.  Dee is so caring and thoughtful, and so excellently written that I feel like she could come right to life and be my friend.  Daemon, written like a true ass, made me love and hate him all at once.  You can feel the connection, but admire that they keep giving each other a hard time and feel the love hate going on.




                                      5 out of 5 Happy Clouds :)

I would highly recommend this one, and I look forward to reading the rest of the series.  I loved the end, I enjoy when books don't give me the resolution that I want, but have a sequel.  Pick this one up, I'm serious!!



0 comments :

Post a Comment