Sunday, February 2, 2014

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

Source:  Purchased
Genre:  YA-Paranormal/Suspense 
Publisher:  Simon and Schuster Books for Young Readers
Date Published: September 27, 2011

Number of Pages:  466


Mara Dyer believes life can't get any stranger than waking up in a hospital with no memory of how she got there.
It can. 

She believes there must be more to the accident she can't remember that killed her friends and left her strangely unharmed. 
There is.

She doesn't believe that after everything she's been through, she can fall in love. 
She's wrong.  (from Goodreads)







I enjoyed this psychological thriller.  It's definitely YA, but a type of YA I had never read before.  The characters were well developed, somewhat relateable, and you kind of fall in love with Noah along with her.  The story could be strange at parts, but it ended on a slight cliff hanger that managed to make me want to read the next book, badly!!

I'm not going to lie to you, I was super confused the last...6 or 7 chapters.  I couldn't figure out what was going on, it felt kind of jumbled and thrown together, and I skipped a few pages just trying to get some bearing as to what was going on.  This didn't make me like the book any less, it just made it harder to read at points.





                                     4 out of 5 Happy Clouds :)

YA fans who enjoy thrillers or psychological suspense would love this novel.  It's not necessary a quick read (at least for me) but it's very enjoyable. 



0 comments :

Post a Comment